Friday, November 28, 2008

Yes We Sang: Music fueled the campaign

Listen to this. One of the things I enjoyed about this past campaign was the way music played such a key role at influential points. Music, meet social networking. Now anyone can make music about the campaign...and they did. I thought it might be fun to go back and listen to some of the 2008 election tunes. Here they are by genre.

The most popular, I think, is the will.i.am song inspired by Barack's New Hampshire speech: Yes We Can.






How about the flighty Obama Girl's crush.



And the hip hop tribute?




Calypso? Try the Mighty Sparrow.



Speaking of Calypso, this is a cool biography song.




And the last Calypso song chides Sarah Palin. Priceless.



Of course there has to be a Rock and Roll version.




I found this one that I'd never heard before. Shhh... don't tell the King family.




Here's a find from one of our readers. You might remember the Robert Palmer tune from the late 80's. :-)

See more funny videos at Funny or Die


And recognizing that music plays such an important role, the Obama Campaign released their own soundtrack for the campaign. You can find it here: http://store.barackobama.com/Yes_We_Can_Voices_of_a_Grassroots_Movement_s/1037.htm


Know of another good one? Let me know.



Now I'm wondering. What kind of music can we expect to support Barack Obama as he governs?