Thursday, July 17, 2008

People’s Pundit turns 100. Posts that is.

Don’t you hate when you forget to celebrate a major milestone or achievement?

A few blogs back, I uploaded my 100th post. Now this might not be a big deal for the super duper bloggers who post 100 times daily, but it is a big deal for me.

When I started blogging three years ago, I was really just trying to figure out how this “fad” worked. I’d heard about blogging but didn’t really understand it. Or even know if I would want to do it. But another passion pushed me in this direction.

I have always had an enthusiasm for politics. I used to call myself a political voyeur because I would consume so much news and politics. But never in my wildest dreams did I think I could participate on any level.

I remember one Sunday morning before I started blogging, I was sitting on the couch going through my weekly ritual. I was having my argument with the TV while the late Tim Russert grilled his guest. The answers were insufficient. Tim wasn’t asking the right follow-up questions. The interviewee was clearly an idiot, and I wanted Tim to nail him.

As I sat there giving them a piece of my mind, my son walked by and dryly commented, “if you know so much, how come you aren’t on there yourself.”

“It’s complicated, Son” I replied dismissively.

But actually it wasn’t. With this blog thingy, I could have a voice. I could tell all those politicians and journalists what I really thought. So my blogging days were born.

More than 100 posts later, and a delicious feed also informing my blog, I can blast my opinions to anyone who will pay attention.

Now if I could only get someone to pay attention. :-)

Happy belated birthday, People’s Pundit!